Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Tale as old as Time @TheFoxTheater #beautyandthebeast

For those that know me, know that I'm something of a Disney nut. I love pretty much anything Disney. When it comes to princesses and movies, though, I head first to Beauty & the Beast. So it should come as no surprise, then, that when I was given the opportunity to see Beauty & The Beast the musical on stage, I jumped at the opportunity.

One of 3 sets of pins that I have hanging framed

I'm sorry to say that I managed to miss picking up a program so I don't have actor/actress names from Tuesday's opening night show. I will say that I loved the portrayals of the characters. They were just different enough to make it work for stage, but without losing the characters from the movies. As well as they did, though (including Belle), my favorite was Lumiere. LOVED HIM!

A hand drawn piece of art from Disney

I loved, too, the scene of Gaston in the pub. The dance with the metal beer steins clanking/ringing along with the music was fabulous. The Be Our Guest scene was great with the life size forks and napkins, with streamers exploding out was a big hit too. There were some slight changes in the story line as well. No snow scene, that was handled by having her read aloud to Beast in the library.

One of two sets of figurines I have on display

Over all, I loved the show and recommend that if you get the chance to attend, that you go. November 27 - December 2, 2012 @ The Fox Theater. Thank you to BravePR for providing me with the tickets to attend.

No comments: