Monday, December 03, 2012

More Monday musings

I haven't paid a lot of attention to my blog lately. I've been running the gamut in feelings from overly stressed, to frustrated, to extremely annoyed. It has made my life significantly more difficult. I know a lot of it is pressure that I've placed on myself. I keep telling myself that I should ease up, let it ride, etc. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of personality. I'm also not one to explode quickly and get it over with. I have to let it stew a while before the pressure cooker gets to the point of exploding.

At any rate, I know that my problems for the most part are stress of my son and school. It's not necessarily the school, my daughter is doing well. I think it's the change in attitude from him that has me so befuddled. Where'd my "easy to care for" boy go? Answer: he became a hormone filled and driven teen. OI. I was so not ready for that. I dread the thought of my daughter being right behind him.

With the holidays just around the corner, I'm handling everything a day at the time. My goal is to make it to the next weekend and ultimately to the next holiday. Then I can shrug off work (my job doesn't happen during school holidays). For my son, there's not a lot I can do. I'm making sure he's getting his work done (minus the math which is on my husband), the rest is up to him (hormones and all).

Now to just try to manage my steam cooker so that the pressure is released, but not exploding..

No comments: