Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Graffiti Zoo Chocolates

I picked up a couple of packs of Graffiti Zoo chocolate at the shop inside Fernbank's Museum Sunday. I got Lemony Crickets and Chilean Fire Ants. My daughter picked up Island Dragonflies.

I started with the Lemony Crickets. YUM! It's a white chocolate with bits of lemon mixed in. It's a great smooth combination with just enough lemon to offset the sweet of the white chocolate. I didn't share this one.

My daughter said the Island Dragonflies "were actually pretty good". Coming from a 9 year old, that's pretty good praise.

I shared the Chilean Fire Ants. My daughter and I really enjoyed it. You have to let it melt in your mouth, not just eat it straight out. My son doesn't care for spicy, so it was more than he cared for. My husband (who eats Atomic Fireballs regularly) said "whooo! It has spunk to it." It doesn't burn like a lot of cinnamon hot stuff, but it does have enough bite to let you know it's there.

note: this is a review that I was not asked for, I purchased the chocolate on a whim while out and decided I liked it enough to mention it here.

No comments: