Thursday, June 10, 2010

Yard Sale!

I'm a bargain hunter, I won't deny it. I've been decluttering my home, so I've avoided yard sales for the most part. This morning while watching the morning news, they mentioned that one of the youth groups from a local Decatur church was having their mondo yard sale. I convinced my kids to go with me (my daughter was easy, my son not so much). We had errands to do anyway, so it was an excuse to go early. I like to think we did pretty well. For $30 we ended up with

2 paperback books
1 hardback book
4 computer cds
1 gamecube game
1 bike helmet
1 pair roller blades
1 disco light
2 pins (whale,penguin)
1 bag to carry it all in

The yard sale runs through Saturday and has appliances, furniture, clothes, toys, etc etc etc. If you're in the area and have the time, I recommend checking it out.

No comments: