Tuesday, December 11, 2007

School work

My son's grades have been dropping. His writing and spelling are not what they were for the first 9 weeks. It's gotten to the point that his teacher asked me to check his homework for legibility. Tonight he got his first taste of having mom really check his work. I probably didn't check content as well as I should have, but I know his spelling was good. We got out his dictionary and worked through spelling some of the words he had problems with. To say he had a fit is a mild understatement. Unfortunately for him, it's just the beginning of what will be happening.

Because of school work, both of my children do not have ready access to video games. Those are now rainy day/holiday only activities. They think they're being tortured.

1 comment:

letti said...

oh dear, i'm sorry to hear that... they're lucky to have such a caring mummy that is willing to work it through with them, come fits or frothings!