Thursday, December 06, 2007

Things that go Boom

It always works out that things break down in batches. I guess it started with the rats. It's hard to say. Anyway, as it works out the dishwasher is pretty well dead (my husband says it just doesn't know it yet). The big TV in the den won't work either (not a major loss, we have one we can pull from another room, but still). I get home today and the garage door tries to fall apart. Fortunately this one my husband can fix. This comes with a leaking faucet in our bathroom that hubby hasn't decided if he can fix yet (it required a special part from the manufacturer before he could even start).

Of course, it's the holidays so everything else has to happen too. Incl. hubby getting another crown (which insurance doesn't like to cover). Having to pay car insurance (which has gone up thanks to hubby's speeding tickets). Property insurance is always due just before Thanksgiving (something I'd rather not give thanks for).

If I didn't know better, I'd think the world was out to make me go boom. Instead I think I'll go have some hot tea, read a book and try to pretend it's not there.

No comments: