Sunday, September 30, 2007

Firefox vs. IE

I discovered something this morning. You'd think as much programming that I do that I'd pay more attention, but apparently not. Anyway, I wanted to add an Amazon astore to my blog. I went and copy/pasted the code into my template, but when I went to check it didn't appear. After much searching and trying to rearrange codes, I discovered that the code appears in IE but not in Firefox. At best guess, it's the AdBlock that keeps it from displaying.

I still prefer Firefox as my browser, but I'll have to keep in mind to check out IE anytime I make changes. Something I should be doing anyway, but that over time I've gotten slack about. Ah well. At least I know it (for now).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use this extension in Firefox:

Firefox addon - IE Tab
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

It allows me to load IE in a separate tab. This allows me to view how my website appears in both browsers without ever leaving Firefox.

When I am editing, I don't like switching back and forth from Firefox and IE. With this extension, I can just switch from tab-to-tab. :)

Marcos said...

I second the IETab recommendation. Very handy. And if you find certain websites that only work in IE, you can tell it to always use the IE engine when you go to those sites. No browser switching and you don't even have to click the little icon to switch.