Thursday, August 30, 2007

Gwinnett Environmental and Heritage Center

I stopped by there yesterday to explore. It looks like they have some really nice programs going on, including some for scouts. Since the scout year is starting up, I thought I'd check it out and see what (if anything) I could do there with my boys (or even suggest to the pack).

It's a pretty interesting place. It's a green building. They reduce runoff and have moss growing on the roof. I won't go into all the details of how they've made the building green, they have a cool display and movie that will do that. Here, though, is a picture of the building. Sorry for the quality, it's from my phone..

They have many displays of the history of the county and how it has grown. They have an area which talks about the waterways of Georgia and another which talks about water in general. The last one is a hands on display for kids to play with and learn.

All in all, I spent about an hour there exploring. Here are a couple more photos I took with my phone.

No comments: