Friday, July 20, 2007

Wow. Kid Rewards.

I think I may have finally hit upon the reward that most appeals to my son. It was so obvious, I'm not sure why I didn't see it. Anyway, my kids are supposed to be limited to 1hr a day of video games (DS, Gamecube, etc). Normally, I give my kids an allowance that they only receive if they've finished their "basic" chores (clean up own room, clean up play room). After that they can do other chores to earn more money. My son, as much as he loves money, hasn't been overly cooperative. So, today I tried a different tactic. He could do his chores and earn additional video game time. Wow. I got a very fast response. Room was cleaned, playroom done, and he's off to vacuum. Hmm. I'm going to have to find a limit on this, though, or he'll be video gaming all day anyway.

No comments: