Monday, July 30, 2007

Home again..

I thoroughly enjoyed my week down at the beach. My family and another rented a beach-front home on St. George island in Florida. We had a blast! Our agenda consisted of: get up, have breakfast, go to the beach, come in and get lunch, rest during heat of day, have dinner, go back to the beach, come in and sleep.

Of course, while we were on the beach we had a sea kayak for a few days, which was cool. We were able to see dolphins up close, jellies just off the sand bar and generally have fun just going out on the kayak. One day while we were there, the dolphins were VERY frisky and playful. They were taking the jellies and bouncing them like play balls. I think hubby got a picture of that, I'll have to see.

St. George is also a breeding ground for loggerhead sea turtles. There were two nests not far from our house. We didn't get to see any of the turtles themselves, but it was still cool.

I'll share more later about our trip. In the meantime, this was the view from our deck.

No comments: