Monday, September 18, 2006

Leftovers

I don't know why I bother. Generally it's a good idea for families to cook a bit extra at each meal to save for later. Then when you want a quick meal, or if you don't have time to cook later, you have it available to simply heat and eat (whether you freeze & store, or simply leave it in the fridge). For me, leftovers is a waste. It's a rare occasion that I can get my family to eat what I cooked earlier in the week. There's generally not enough to freeze for another week (not that I'd get them to eat it anyway). But here I have a habit, given me by my mom, that means that if I cook too much (on purpose or simply 'cause my family just wasn't as hungry as the recipe) I have leftovers. Food that I'll automatically try to save for eating later. Which won't get eaten. Arg.

No comments: