Friday, September 22, 2006

Automated Callers

I've griped about this in the past. Those automated callers that end up saying "please hold.." and then transfer you to a solicitor. There's a new one in town. This one called me for the first time a few weeks ago and then again this week. It's an automated caller that if I answer tells me to call someone's phone number. Sorry. If you want to talk to me, DO NOT use an automated caller. I will automatically hang up and ignore you. They're getting bolder. At least the others transfer you to a real person. This one doesn't even bother.

2 comments:

letti said...

ugh.. i guess that's why david's always kept our number out of the phone book and off of telemarketers' lists. And yes, i hate automated callers out the yahootski. If I really really need to talk to them, i'll put them on speaker phone and go about my own business while they take their time.

DD said...

I second that 'ugh!'...
I know they need to make a living but I agree, if they want to talk to me or sell me something, they better have a real person call, and preferably someone with a brain cell who will really listen to what I say to them.