Thursday, December 22, 2005

Polar RS200

Well, it came in, finally! Yea! For those of you that may remember, I won a Polar RS200 running computer from Runner's World mag.. After contacting them, I was told it could take up to a year for it to come in. Well, it came in Tuesday! I've since been reading the manual and as excited as I am about it, I have to ask... WHY would you create a "computer" that "uploads" or "downloads" in such a BAD fashion? What am I referring to? Well, you have to have a mic on your computer and good speakers with no interference. What's that mean? Well, to 'upload' data from the computer, you play the data into your system's mic. To 'download' data, you put the computer next to your speaker. I'm very glad I didn't buy this as I wouldn't have. It may be one of the top models, but there has to be a better way to interface this thing with a real computer system.

I don't have a mic on my computer (haven't needed one) and my OS likes to flake out and not do music/sound, so I rarely mess with it. Gag.

On the other hand, once I get it configured and all, I'll take it to Disney with me for the 1/2 marathon. It'll help my dad and I stay on pace instead of following the TEAM trainers who messed up last time.

No comments: