Friday, April 01, 2005

Misc.

Well, I "cleaned" the play room. I need to get hooks to hang more stuff up off the floor. Argh. As soon as I get rid of toys, they seem to breed.

Got my ceiling in the den and the hole in the bathroom wall repaired today. Guy came out did a good job. Now to let them dry so that I can paint (again). Hopefully I'll get to the ceiling at least by Monday.

My daughter is still coughing, but not so badly today. We went to school and the teacher said there was litte/no coughing all day. Yea! Maybe that means I'll be able to sleep tonight. Tomorrow I have to bear down and get the house boxed up. Got to go get more boxes.

The kids' great-grandmother is being released sometime today from the hospital. She'd gotten the flu and then had her blood sugar elevate to 400. I'm still not sure if my kids will go stay with their grandmother next week, but at least their great-grandmother is doing better now.

This week was 'dinosaur' week for my class at preschool. During the week they made macaroni dinosaurs (on construction paper), paper mache'd a volcano, painted the volcano, and got to "erupt" it today. (Baking soda, vinegar, and food coloring). The kids thought that was just too cool. The sensory table was pretty simple - dirt and toy dinosaurs. They had fun "burying" the dinosaurs and then "digging up" the bones. :) Their teacher had a recipe for "prehistoric pasta". It used different types of noodles, spaghetti sauce, and parmesan cheese. The cheese was the "ash" from the volcano. The shell pasta was snails, the spaghetti pasta was jellyfish parts, there were "bone" pasta, and such. It was cute. 7 out of the 11 kids in class actually tried it. I'd forgotten I'd been to Mt. St. Helen's years ago and had pictures. I'm to bring them in after spring break to show the kids what a real volcano looks like.

After spring break, the theme is "bugs". We're going to make caterpillars out of knee-hi stockings, ribbon/yarn, pipe cleaner, dirt, and grass. We'll put the dirt in the kneehigh with the grass seed. Then twist "sections" into it and tie it off. Then attach antenna to the "head". As the grass grows, they'll end up with fuzzy caterpillars. The sensory table (so far) will be dirt with gummy worms and such. :)

No comments: