Friday, April 01, 2005

Busy Busy

So even though I was home all day with a little girl that didn't feel well, I did manage to get some things done. I have to get everything off floors, breakables packed, out from under beds, etc etc before the carpet folk come. Otherwise I'll pay more to the movers (no way!). So I got into my son's bedroom yesterday and pulled everything out of his closet. I managed to sort through the toys enough that his toy box will now close (and in fact has room for extras). His closet is clean! Now to get what's under the bed.

I was not quite so successful with my daughter's room. She has too many stuffed animals. I found one of those toy chains in my son's room while cleaning, so I hung that from her wall. I then clipped some of her animals to it. I then sorted out those that she never plays with and the beanies. The beanies (that would fit) went on the Beanie house in her closet. The rest of the animals went into a tub (they don't overflow, at least). Then I started on her toy box. I only got as far with her box as to lower the level some.. but I haven't gotten under either of her beds, and she has lots of animals ON her bed as well.

I installed three shelves on the wall of their play room. Those are for my daughter's dolls that don't need to be sitting on the floor. Hopefully everything in there will now have a place. I've got to clean it up to find out.

I still have way too much to do and it all has to be done by Tuesday. I did at least get out my new treadmill and walk for 30 minutes last night. That was the last useful thing that I did. I was then up most of the night with a little girl who couldn't stop coughing.

A contractor is coming today to fix the ceiling in the den and the wall of the bathroom. I'm gonna see about having him come another time and do a few other things too.

No comments: