Thursday, February 10, 2005

Yippee!

I got a great call last night. I've been subbing at my daughter's school since December. Apparently one of the assistant teachers is leaving, which means a 4yo class needs an assistant. They have one person who they thought was going to work the entire week, but apparently cannot. She can only do Tu-We-Thur. That left the class without help for 2 days, which is not acceptable. They couldn't find anyone else to work the entire week, so they called me and asked if I'd work on M/Fri for the rest of the year. Absolutely! I don't have an application on file, so I'll have to go fill out the formalities today. But this is GREAT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ashley! You have a very nice blog and I have enjoyed reading it. I am a Classical Hatha Yoga instructor and love to hear that you are benefitting from your Yoga practice!:) I do have to clarify that Yoga is an ancient Philosophy that incorporates stretching as a part of the "holistic lifestyle" while Pilates was invented by one man and is soley used as an exercise for the Physical body. Yoga, on the other hand, helps to develope self awareness, spiritual and mental health. They are two totally different things. The reason for telling you this, is bc I just wanted to make sure that the Y (or your instructor)isn't telling you that Pilates is a part of Yoga. If so, you should make sure to check out your instructors credentials for your own safety. Take care!!! Namaste.

Darlene Schacht said...

That is so great! Hope you still have time to blog. I want to set up a list on my side bar of blogs with awesome design. Yours is going on there for sure. I know I have said it before, but I have to say it again "it looks awesome". It keeps me coming back, along with your posts.

boyhowdy said...

Congrats on the part-time teaching opportunity. As someone looking for a new classroom gig myself, I know how wonderful it is -- and how difficult -- to find an opening.

Fair warning: I got into teaching sideways myself...now I can't bear to leave.

letti said...

hi ashley! congratulations on the job!