Friday, February 11, 2005

Kids and Dentists

I had to take my son to get that protective sealant on his rear molars Wednesday. I had my appointment to get my teeth cleaned as well. My daughter had to tag along as there was no where else for her to go. We got there, no problems. My daughter wanted to climb up into the seat with her brother while he was getting work done. She wanted to see up close what was going to happen. Instead, she ended up pulling a chair directly next to my seat to watch me. The hygenist had been having a not-so-good day, so my daughter was apparently quite entertaining. She kept trying to put her nose in my mouth to see what the lady was doing. Then she wanted to help! She wanted to put 'mr. thirsty' (the vacuum straw) in my mouth. The hygenist thought it was cute and let her have it. In the process of 'helping' mommy, at one point she managed to vacuum out my throat. Then she got nosy about how it worked and stuck it (almost) in her eye, to then try putting it in my mouth again. Next she realized that if she held it close to her hair, her hair would try to go in. Then she stuck it back in my mouth. (Note: it never actually touched anything but my throat or mouth.)

Kinda hard to get your teeth cleaned when a 3yo really wants to help out. Then my son got finished and joined her. She wouldn't let him have the straw, so he wanted the WATER! Ack. Both the hygenist and I decided that would NOT be a good idea. I did NOT need a bath. Neither did she.

All in all, a very interesting appointment, and we brightened someone's day in the process.

No comments: