Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Mamma Mia! @AuroraTheatre #hosted @bravepratl#ATMammaMia #AuroraTheatre

I was given tickets in exchange for my review.



My daughter and I were given the opportunity to see Mamma Mia! at the Aurora Theatre Sunday. It was a packed house. There was no prerecorded music, background vocals were performed by the ensemble while off stage. Most of the shows at the Aurora are sold out, however they're bringing the cast and performance back in June at the Ferst Center at Georgia Tech. They've even reserved one of the decks for parking, so that you can park free.

The show itself, though, was great. Well done performances by everyone involved. There was a glitch in the audio system that dropped the mics, but the cast continued through without pause until it was corrected. My favorite part of the show was "Does your mama know?". I have always loved the character of Tanya, and she's well done by actress Terry Henry. My daughter's favorite character is also Tanya, but she really loves the ending of the show. Regardless of our favorites, though, I was impressed by the ensemble as much as by the main characters.

The show runs until April 22nd at the Aurora Theatre and from June 9-24th at the Ferst Center. If you go to the Aurora Theatre you'll also find a "Dip Box". It will automatically donate $5 when you "dip" your credit card into it. Cute idea.

No comments: