Thursday, November 06, 2014

@CONjuration Con Review #magic #cosplay

I was invited to go to CONjuration Con as a member of the press.  I attended Friday night and again on Sunday.  Unfortunately, I'd already made plans for Saturday that couldn't be undone, so I missed a lot of cool panels.  On the other hand, I did get to meet some very interesting people on both days and got to go to a couple of panels on Sunday.  There was a selection of authors, including the ones pictured below, to talk to.   Southeastern Reptile Rescue was on hand as well with some cool animals.

My daughter and I attended in costume on Friday night.  We attended the opening ceremony, explored the vendors (very cool selection), the gaming room and the Festival.  The two panels I attended on Sunday were Fantasy Parties (how to throw awesome fantasy type parties) and Crystal Magic.  A lot of useful information out of both.


I also went to the charity tea party Sunday afternoon.  This was to benefit Noah's Ark, a local animal rescue facility.   We were treated to music by Louis Robinson while we waited for the tea to begin.  There were 12 fandom teas from Adagio.  I think I sampled 6 before I floated away.  There were also shortbread cookies, British tea cakes and cheesecake samples.  I thoroughly enjoyed the samples and the company.  I met a couple of very nice ladies at my table and had a wonderful afternoon chatting.

By the end of the day Sunday, I'd thoroughly enjoyed myself.  It's a small con with a lot of heart and potential.  I'm looking forward to next year and am hoping I'll be able to attend.  Location hasn't been set yet, but you can reserve the dates: November 6-8, 2015.

No comments: