Monday, July 15, 2013

Kleenex Brand Hand towels

I was compensated for this review, all opinions are my own.

I'm all for saving the environment and decreasing my footprint. I recycle everything I can, I'm working on growing my own vegetables (check other posts for info on that) and more. However, I have pets and kids and there are times when it comes to washing my hands that I really don't like to use the towel that's hanging in the bathroom. I've watched it take less than a day from a towel to go from clean to disgusting. So, when I was sent some product to try by Kleenex, I jumped at the chance.

The towel itself feels more like a cloth towel than a paper towel, which was surprising. After about a week's trial, I have to say I'd rather put out the paper towels in my downstairs bath than a regular towel. It's more hygienic and I have fewer towels to wash on a regular basis. So, it's a trade off. I use less water, but generate more paper waste. Fortunately, it's PAPER, so it can either be recycled or it can be composted.

Did you know that in the U.S. alone, people dry their hands on cloth bathroom towels approximately 200 billion times per year? That’s a lot of hand washing. Single-use bathroom towels help reduce the spread of germs as compared to re-usable towels, providing consumers with a product that gives them a hygienic solution. With summer entertaining season right around the corner, it’s important to prepare your bathrooms for guests. Rather than having guests use the same hand towel to dry their hands, Kleenex Hand Towels offers a cleaner way to dry hands.


No comments: