Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 2 - Nassau

On the second day of our trip, we were in port at Nassau, Bahamas. My daughter and I wanted to geocache, so we found an easy one near the port. I won't give clues or even a true location (though I'm sure you could figure it out if you wanted), but here's a picture of us in front of where the cache is.

Apparently, the Bahamas has been celebrating their independence day. The big "party" stuff was the day before we were in port, but the streamers and signs were still everywhere.

For my husband's sake, I took a picture of this place. This particular store front was actually closed, but I did find an open one later.

My family gave up on my mom and I as we went shopping. They headed back to the ship while we wandered around. If you go to the sessions on jewelry shopping on board, you get coupons for free stuff. I highly recommend taking advantage of the deals they show you. My daughter was quite thrilled to get a free amethyst necklace and matching earrings. We also got a couple of free bamboo necklaces and more. Just make sure you take along your ability to say 'no'. They're very good at attracting your attention and keeping it. You just have to say 'no' to what they're selling, or you'll end up in major debt fast.

Around lunch time, my mom and I wrapped up shopping and headed back to the ship. I stopped and snapped this picture of the Atlantis resort from the pier to the ships.

No comments: