Monday, June 27, 2016

Maker Monday coming from the Shire #Tolkien #Hobbit #Maker #display

I purchased a replica of Sting at the Renaissance Festival this past May.  Since then, it's been sitting in a box waiting to be put on display with the rest of our swords/daggers.  I wanted to do something different with it, but nothing necessarily extravagant.  So, I went to Home Depot to check out their wood possibilities and came back with this round laminated pine.  I painted it green to start.


Then came the "dressing" for the display.  I decided to use the quote from Bilbo in the Hobbit right after he gets the knife.


This is the finished product.  It's not hanging yet. I'm half afraid to put it up in the playroom while I have kittens who are learning to climb in there.  So, for now it'll wait a couple more weeks before it gets hung.

No comments: