Friday, April 08, 2016

I'm falling apart and I'm not even fifty!

It's true, I am.  I have a bum right knee (have since I blew it out in gymnastics) and my vision is still double after last year's fistula surgery.  I managed to pull my calf muscle doing kettle bell squats.  Now, when I drive my calf aches (I have a manual transmission).  I haven't been able to ride roller coasters for a while now as I grey out on the ride (low blood pressure).

On top of that, I've been having heart palpitations (doctor couldn't find anything immediately wrong, as of Tuesday I'm wearing a monitor).  I have pressure bands around my forehead (like a hat or headband that's too tight) since November, some becoming headaches.  I have an appointment in May with the neurologist.  It seems that I get one thing taken care of (at least partially) and something else comes up.  Either that, or as more things happen I become more aware of what is going on with my body. Almost hyper aware at times.  If something isn't "normal" then something must be wrong.  Ugh.

I suppose it's a good thing that unless I'm willing to go to urgent care, that Kaiser doesn't immediately give out appointments.  Otherwise the way I've been going, I'd be camped out while they check everything out.  I wasn't always so hypersensitive about things being off.  I just really don't like not being on my game.  It throws everything else out of whack.


No comments: