Monday, February 08, 2016

Maker Monday creating a glowing wand


My simple list of tools.  I found the mini party lights at a retailer online.  The dowel I found at Wal-Mart.  It's the same width as the lights.  I used my dremel tool and my hot glue gun.  From there, it's how you want to decorate the wand.  Whether that's paint or other materials is up to you.


I first used the dremel with a sanding/filing bit to open up a hole just wide enough and deep enough for the loop part of the light.  (Trial and error to get the right depth.)


Once it's big enough, I used hot glue to seat the light into the end of the dowel.


I checked to make sure it would light properly.


I used some scrap material to give it texture which I painted black.  I then got "fancy" and used some scrap leather to wrap the handle section.


Ta Da!  A light up wand.  Took me about 2 hours total to do.

No comments: