Friday, October 23, 2015

There's a witch sleeping in my ivy #Halloween #crafting #maker

I regularly get crafting ideas across my feed on facebook and sometimes from pinterest.  This year, I decided to take some old pool noodles and turn them into witch legs.  The noodles have been in my garage for ages and I've had no real idea what to do with them, so this worked.  I will say that instead of socks that most people recommended, I tried painting the noodles.  The spray paint I used was fine until I had to use painter's tape to mark off the lines.  The painter's tape peeled bits of the paint back off.  If I do it again, I may just use the base color of the noodle and something like duck tape for the stripes.  The hat is a cheap one from Dollar Tree.  I had made one, but I decided I didn't like the way it came out.  The "shoes" came from Dollar Tree as well.  I didn't feel like sacrificing some of my own for the yard decor.

No comments: