Friday, July 24, 2015

Visiting the Battleship North Carolina #family #vacation #WilmingtonNC #BattleshipNC

Sometimes it's nice to get away from the biggest of the crowds at the beach and go do something different. In this case, we drove north about 60 miles and visited the Battleship North Carolina.  My kids humored me and posed for pictures with the big guns on deck.


We all went below deck to check it out.  My son kept comparing it to the USS Yorktown in Charleston where we camped out as scouts.  The biggest difference he found was size.  But then, the Yorktown is an aircraft carrier where the North Carolina is a battleship.  


I took a lot more pictures than this, but these were some of the better ones.  We visited here ages ago, when my son was still very young, it is still a cool place to visit.

No comments: