Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Maunderings

On Health:

So, with everything else that's been happening, here's a few more.  Since the start of my issues in January, I have lost 10 lbs.  I can't say it was what I was working toward, but I won't complain.  I had noticed that my pants were getting more loose, but as I don't weigh myself on a regular basis, I had no idea how much weight that translated to.  I finally weighed myself last week after my last angiogram.  I even checked it on a second scale to confirm.  I haven't been active, so I can only say my diet has been the cause.

After the first angiogram (that confirmed the fistulas existed), I was suddenly turned off to most meat.  It was kinda weird.  I think it's the fact that they fed me a turkey sandwich right after while I was having to lie prone for 4 hours.  Then, when I stood up, I belched hard and the combo of the sandwich with all the other meds they'd pumped into me did NOT combine well in that belch.  It was rather nauseating.  I won't say I've gone vegetarian, I haven't.  But I certainly have decreased the amount of meat I've been eating.  I also went to small snacks all day long.  Usually fruit, or fruit juice, nuts, or something similar.  No big meals, really.  I think that's what made the big difference.

Now that I'm cleared to exercise, we'll see what firming/toning I can manage to do.  I know I'm way out of shape by now and my edurance/stamina are going to be horrid.  I figure I'll start with the yoga again to work on basic flexibility and go from there.  What I'm able to do will be determined by how comfortable I become with having only the one eye to work with.

On Everything Else:
My daughter is in her final stretch for school.  She's done after finals this Thursday.  My son has one more week to go, with an AP exam this Thursday.  Now that the scare for my health is gone, once the stress of school is done, maybe we can recuperate for a while.  Then again, maybe not.  If all goes well, we'll be at Momocon at the end of the month.

No comments: