Monday, January 12, 2015

@runDisney #WDW5K Pluto's 5K race recap

I didn't take as many pictures as I had planned to take. I was FROZEN. I realize that Georgia (Atlanta) technically had colder weather, but when you're standing for a couple of hours out in a 10-20mph wind that made the temperature feel like below freezing, your body hurts. It was interesting to see how all of the runners handled the cold. In the staging area, I found the tent that was set up with heaters (packed with runners) and stood outside the door to one side. I got a wind block from the tent and an occasional warm breeze from inside the tent. That worked up until we had to actually go to the corrals. From there you wait in the open (other runners are the only wind break you get) until you actually get to start. We weren't the last corral to go (fortunately), but we didn't go much sooner than they did. My knees HURT until the point where I couldn't feel them any more. I never did get the chance to warm up until I got back to the room. Sheer persistence (stubbornness if you ask my daughter) kept us out there to get the race finished.

No comments: