Monday, September 29, 2014

Anime Weekend Atlanta part 1 the #DisneySide of #awa2014 #Disney @awacon

I took 2 teen girls to the convention Friday, 4 on Saturday, and 3 on Sunday. To say I was tired by the time we were done was an understatement. The girls varied in what they wanted to do. Most of the panels they did Saturday, with a couple on Friday. By Sunday they were pretty well done, so the main thing they did was one more pass through the dealer room. While they were off doing their thing, I was usually somewhere nearby (in contact via phone if needed) with a camera. I'm a big people watcher. I'd planned on going to a couple of panels (leatherworking, corsetry making..), but was sidetracked by the views. To say I saw a lot of Disney is an understatement. I'm about Frozen'd out, so I really didn't get a shot of any of the Elsa's or Hanna's walking around (I even saw an Olaf). (Sorry, loved the movie, just overwhelmed by the constant flood.) These, though, were my favorites that I did find.

Left to right, top to bottom: Merida (natural red hair!), Rapunzel and Flynn, Carl, Mad Hatter, and the cast of Nightmare Before Christmas.  There were some other Disney characters I caught that are posted on instagram.  These include Ariel, Vanellope, Jasmine and Tiana, and Boba Fett.


No comments: