Thursday, April 10, 2014

It's Farmer's Market Time! (and gardening)

I so look forward to this each year.  Tucker's Farmer's Market got started last Thursday. I plan to head out there this evening in search of fresh eggs and whatever other goodies I find.  Lilburn's doesn't start until June (bummer). 

In the meantime, I'm attempting (again) to grow some of my own veggies.  Nothing to show for it yet.  I'm reusing my recycled containers from last year.  Most have something different in them, though.  I'm trying for lettuce again, beans, cucumbers, squash, cantalope and onions.  I've also put some garlic in with my roses (supposed to be a good companion plant).  LOVE my garlic.  I'm not doing so much with the tomatoes.  Most of those went to waste last year.  Oh, and my strawberry plants have reseeded themselves and are quite happy currently.  I'm adding some more strawberry plants to the mix.  I've also got two muscadine vines I'm going to try growing as well.


No comments: