Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pinterest inspired food: chicken pot pie

I'm no chef, nor am I a foodie. I generally don't blog about food, so I'm stepping outside of my comfort zone. I've been surfing pinterest looking for things to try on my family. I want to expand what I cook (and what they eat). I've mostly focused on crockpot cooking, but this was one slightly different. The recipe I found on pinterest, didn't do much more than show pictures, no steps or cooking. So, I took the pictures and ran with them to see what I came up with.

Fairly simply, the ingredients consist of canned biscuits, can cream chicken soup, can mixed vegetables, can chicken. You can spice to taste. I mixed the soup, veggies, and chicken together in a bowl. I only wanted 8 pies, the middle mix made enough for 16. So I froze the remainder. I took the canned biscuits and flattened them out and put them in a muffin tin. I left a little bit extra to pull over the top. I put a big spoonful of the mix into the center of the biscuit, then folded the top over. I also put some shredded cheese on top because my kids like cheese. It cooked at 350 for about 20 minutes.  I didn't get pics of the process and my final picture doesn't do it justice, but this is a sample of the pot pie.


My son, who doesn't like pot pie, said it was the best pot pie he'd ever had. Though I'm not sure I convinced him to eat pot pies more.  It was simple to make and easy to eat.

No comments: