Friday, January 24, 2014

Fitness Friday #HotChocolateRunAtlanta and More

This weekend is the Hot Chocolate Run 5k! I'm excited.  My husband, not so much.  He's a couch potato. I did ask if he'd run with the kids and I before I signed him up, though.

On the subject of upcoming runs, I'm playing with my potential list.  If you're a runner in the area and have suggestions (or know which of these you're going to do), let me know!

2014 Run the Reagan - (February) this one is just down the road from me.  I'd do the 5K.

GGIA's 1st Annual Spring Into Color (March)- Not too far, just up 85 in Suwanee.  I've enjoyed the other color runs I've done.  They're in Hampton this year, though, and I'm not interested in driving that far.

Run for the Rescues (March) - I'm already signed up for this one.  I heard about it at the Pet Expo and jumped in.

Peachtree Road Race (July) - I want to get my son to run it with me.  I joined the Atlanta Track Club this year to have access to their emails and runs. 

Down & Dirty Mud Run (October) - This is actually farther out than I want to go, but it may be the only mud race I can get to.

Vampire 5K (October) - My daughter wants to do this one. She wants to be a vampire.  If the timing works out and it's not too far away, we may join in on it.

In the past, there was a run for the Wounded Heroes in Kennesaw, I haven't seen that one listed yet.  If it pops up and I can make it, it'll be year 3 for that one.

So, anyone in the Gwinnett area want to join me on one (or more) of these?  I'm not speedy and you may end up just meeting me at the finish line, but it might be fun to at least start out with someone at the race.

No comments: