Thursday, April 25, 2013

Meet Mac (foster dog)



He's a sweetheart of a boy, around 11 months old, shepherd mix. He's smaller than Brooklyn (around 50lbs), though very stout. I'm fostering him until he's adopted for Snap-2it. He's done very well here. He and Brooklyn run in the back yard, he's checked out the cats (and left them alone). Max confuses him to no end, he has no idea what to do with/about him and usually ends up barking when Max starts screaming.

He's learning to be polite on a leash. He did better for my daughter than he did for me, but he's doing very well. He's very bright and is catching on very quickly. Same with "sit". He loves the idea of treats, he hasn't figured out (yet) that if I say 'sit' and he sits, he gets a treat. I'm still having to guide him for now. He's also good with car rides. He had fun just riding in the car to pick up my kids from school this week.

He's a big people boy. He wants people, curl up with people, be loved by people. I'll have him out at the PetSmart in Buckhead (Howell Mill) Saturday if you want to swing by and meet him.

No comments: