Tuesday, March 05, 2013

I #volunteer as a way of life

I'm a volunteer. I don't know how not to find something or some cause to get involved with. I currently volunteer at the Georgia Aquarium and as a leader with American Heritage Girls. My daughter has me involved with FurKids and I sponsor soldiers through Adopt A US Soldier. In the past I was a Cub Scout Leader for my son, a reading buddy at his elementary school and helped in the library.

If you go back further, I worked for a time with SE Newfoundland Rescue. I worked with Collie Rescue of Metro Atlanta and with Gwinnett Animal Control. In college I was part of a group called Angel Flight. The list goes on.

I've come to the realization that if I'm not volunteering for something, then my life feels "off". It's not a conscious thing for me, but it is important enough for me to recognise it and make sure that I'm making me happy by doing it. So, later this month I may be embarking on my next project. I go for the "interview" in a couple of weeks and will have more information about it then.

1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Those are great places to volunteer, too! I'm sure you get some great opportunities because of it.