Monday, January 07, 2013

Monday Musings

If you hadn't noticed, I changed my blog background again. With a new year, I decided it was time for a new look. It represents me a bit better, I think. With my two favorite Disney characters on board, maybe this will be a happier place too.

The kids' school has me somewhat worried. Technically school started in Gwinnett last Thursday. My guys don't actually start back until tomorrow. Today the school hosts the new group of students joining us. They go through orientation today with labs starting tomorrow. It means that the only thing my kids have been able to work on is their Science Fair project. Not a bad thing, but it makes me worry that they've lost time we'll have to make up later. With all of the issues we had last semester, I'd really like to make sure we get a jump start on things.

Speaking of a jump start, I used some of my Christmas money and got myself a FitBit. It will work in with an app I already had on my phone called MyFitnessPal. Hopefully I'll be able to track what I'm doing better. You can look for me on MyFitnessPal and friend me. I can always use the extra nudge to keep moving. I'm not really looking to lose a lot of weight (5-10 lbs), really just want to be more active and feel better.

My kids and I are going to be hanging out at Six Flags/White Water this summer. We took advantage of a member deal to give us something to do this summer. We're going to TRY to do less traveling this summer.. we'll see how successful that is.

On that note, I'd better get my week started. Have a good Monday!

No comments: