Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Fitness Update

I have a complaint (of sorts). I've been trying to log my meal plan in to both the Fitbit dashboard and the MyFitnessPal app on my phone. I figure this way I'm accountable to multiple friends. What I want to know is why they're so different on my calorie count. I've been under on Fitbit and over on MyFitnessPal. Supposedly, MyFitnessPal makes adjustments based on what the fitbit syncs to it. So, in theory, they should be much closer than they are. So, I'm averaging them out and ending up right on my calorie count just about every time. Huh. Guess I can take that.

Anyway, I'm averaging just under 5000 steps a day, so I need to up that. I'm also around 7 floors climbed daily. That just shows me how often I'm up and down the stairs at home. I never really figured I was doing that quite so much. I don't think the fitbit is registering the Choi quite right, but that's ok. Some days we do more than others, so it should average itself out.

I did give in and buy myself a new scale. No weight updates at this point. I figure it's still too early to worry about weight yet. As long as my weight isn't going up, I'm doing ok. I will say, though, that something is working as my pants are a bit more loose than they were. Small steps.

No comments: