Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Educator's Room @educatorsroom

For the past couple of months, I've been writing/creating articles for a new web site/magazine called The Educator's Room. My articles are written from a parent perspective since I'm not a teacher. The articles that are hosted are written by educators and others involved in the education of our children from around the nation.

My most recent article is Virtual Schools: An alternative choice for parents. This being our third year using a virtual school for our kids, I wanted to make sure that more parents realize it IS a choice for them to make.

I've also been helping to work on the Pinterest pages for the group. It's been a lot of fun finding new information that may be useful to teachers or to parents who teach at home (whether using home school curriculum, purchased online curriculum, or public virtual school). With parents realizing they have to be more involved in their child's education, it makes a wonderful resource.

I highly recommend checking it out. Not just because I contribute, though I'd love for you to check out my articles and provide useful feedback, but because I believe it's a valuable resource. You can find us on facebook as well: https://www.facebook.com/TheEducatorsRoom

No comments: