Election day is coming up next week and it's something we should all be thinking about. Looking at my local Gwinnett ticket, there are three primary things to decide on the general ticket. Those are:
1) Judge Superior Court, GA
2) Judge State Court, Gwinnett
Under the democratic ticket, there are a few added positions to look at:
1) US Representative of 113th Congress from 4th Congressional District in GA
2)Should the Georgia Constitution be amended to allow the state to override locally-elected school boards’ decisions when it comes to the creation of charter schools in your county or city?
3) Do you support ending current practice permitting unlimited gifts from lobbyists to state legislators?
4) Should Georgia adopt an income tax credit for home energy costs to support the economic security of our families?
5) Should Georgia reduce sales taxes on Made in Georgia products so as to support the growth of small businesses in our state?
6) Do you support the idea of limited commercial passenger flights from Gwinnett Airport - Briscoe Field?
7) Would you support Casino gambling in Gwinnett County?
8) Do you believe $50,000.00 is a sufficient salary for the Board of Commissioners Chairman to oversee the 800,000+ citizens of Gwinnett County?
9) Did you know there is a mandated Saturday Voting Day included in the Early Voting for the November General Election on October 27th?
Under the republican ticket the first 3 questions are under consideration, as is 1-3 from the democratic ticket. They add a couple of other questions:
1) Should active duty military personnel who are under the age of 21 be allowed to get a Georgia weapon's license?
2) Should citizens who wish to vote in a primary election be required to register their political affiliation at least 30 days in advance of said primary election?
3) Should the constitution be amended so as to provide that the paramount right to life is vested in each innocent human being from his or her earliest biological beginning without regard to age, race, sex, health, function or condition of dependency?
This does not mean these are the ONLY things being voted on this month. There are several positions (both incumbent and not) that are on all three tickets as well. I would highly recommend voting on a party ballot simply to answer some of those questions that need to be answered. I would highly recommend that you check out your local ballot and see what else is being put on there for your review.