Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Resolutions (or not)

I'm not a big one on resolutions. They have a bad tendency to get left by the way side. Whether on purpose or on accident, it doesn't matter in the end. So, when someone asks me what my resolution is, I don't have one.

I could resolve to lose weight (I need to lose around 10 pounds), but I don't think I'd manage. I'd do better to resolve to walk more, but with my schedule over the past year, I suspect that that wont' change overly for a while.

I could resolve to spend less, but I'm doing that any way. We've refinanced the house and cut back about as much as we can. So, we're at that point of patience and maintenance and knowing it'll all work out in the end.

I'd love to resolve not to spend more on repairing my husband's car. All I can say there is that at least it's paid for, so we're only paying to keep it running. That in and of itself is a good thing, even if I get annoyed at it for having problems.

In the end, though, I'll just resolve to manage my life as best as I can knowing that I'm doing all that I can.

1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I think that's the best and more realistic resolution I've seen!