Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Garden Update

I realized it's been a little bit since I did a garden update. I've been trying something new, a water garden. I turned my kids' old sandbox into the garden. Just added liner and water. It's doing ok, lots of tadpoles in it now. It does have a water wiggler to help discourage mosquitos. The plants, once the spread, will help with that as well. Of course, frogs won't hurt either.

My veggies aren't doing as well as I'd like. My bean plants are growing, but not producing much. I've only picked a couple of beans from it, I guess I'll save them for their seeds for next year. I think I'll make this area a shade garden next year instead and move veggies and such elsewhere.

My roses, on the other hand are doing well. This one is climbing all over it's neighbor. When fall hits, I'm going to have to do some serious pruning. It makes beautiful flowers, though.

1 comment:

smallgardendesign said...

Good ideas about gardening. I think we must implement these ideas in our garden.
small garden design