Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dickey's Peaches

Before we headed home on Friday, it was mentioned that there was a peach orchard not far away from where we were. They had homemade peach ice cream and more to be enjoyed.

When we pulled up, this was the view of the front of the orchard. This is actually the processing facility for Dickeys peaches.

Of course, we had to sample the FRESH peach ice cream.

While we ate, we watched the peaches get washed and sorted and packaged.

I have to admit, this isn't something I'd have gone out of my way to go see. But as it was in the same area we were in, I had no problem stopping. We came home with a small box of peaches, some peach fruit spread and peach & vidalia onion salsa. A worthy side trip, in my opinion.

1 comment:

backyard designer said...

Very nice front view of the orchard.
backyard design