Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Guest Blogger - Review

My son wrote this as part of an assignment. He wanted me to share it here.

A Wrinkle in Time

“At that intent everything went dark, and Meg couldn't feel her body.” This is an interesting part of the book A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. A Wrinkle in Time is a fiction book for any adventure lover. It is about a family and 1 friend traveling across space it find Meg's dad. In this book review I will tell you about the book and author.

As I said the author’s name is Madeleine L'Engle, she has written over 40 books total. It took her about 2.5 years to get her first book(A Wrinkle in Time) published. No major publisher would help her, so she found a smaller group to help her, and they did help.

There is no real single area where the characters stay for long periods of time. They travel to many different planets, beginning and ending on earth. The main characters are named Meg, a boy named Calvin, a brother named Charles Wallance, and Meg's dad. It starts out with Meg, her brother and her mom downstairs, in the kitchen, talking. Then a lady named Mrs. Whatsit comes into the house and meets them. The next day Meg and company go to the old “haunted house” and meet a lady named Mrs. Who and talk with her for a while. Then they go home for supper, and then for a walk. On the walk they end up meeting Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and another lady named Mrs. Which. They talk for a short time and end up on a different planet where their adventure begins.

I thought this was a great book for people that love adventure books. There are are many exciting and suspenseful parts for the reader, including the part I told you about. There are fun and sad parts plus funny and not so funny parts to this story as well. I agree with the author that this book is a good book for all ages. It has plenty of things for all ages, young or old.

I recommend this book to anyone willing to read this and the book. I literally sat on the edge of my seat reading to the next part of the book after I got into it. I said already but will say it again that this book is for all ages willing to read. I think many people willing to try will like it. If you find it in a book store it or in a library I recommend you get it. If not you than for your kids, so you/they can enjoy an awesome adventure.

No comments: