Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Georgia Aquarium - Dolphin Tales

As a volunteer, I was given a chance to sit in on a dress rehearsal for the new Dolphin Tales show at the Georgia Aquarium. It was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. The stadium seats a large crowd and is raised so that no row has a 'bad' view. I do think the upper levels are better, though. The first two rows have a chance of getting wet, so keep that in mind when attending.

When going, keep in mind that it is NOT a Sea World show, nor is it necessarily like any other show you may have seen. So you can't judge it by comparing it. Go in with an open mind and you'll thoroughly enjoy it. I can't go into specifics, but I can say that for those who like watching dolphins do tricks both with and without the trainers, you'll get to see that. For those of you that enjoy more of a 'show' that adds dolphins to the story line and enhances the display, you'll see that as well.

The show opens to the public on April 2nd (start of spring break around here). Tickets are already on sale on the Aquarium's web site, so you can check it out. Admission to the Aquarium does NOT include admission to the show (and vice versa). You will have to have admission to the Aquarium in order to get into the show.

With that as a teaser, enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure it is a great show and I will like seeing it. However, after 3 years as an annual pass member, I will never renew my membership because GA Aqurium's online member ordering services as well as their phone system are absolutely third rate! I am tired of that kind of aggravation and will just take guests to any number of the wonderful things that there are to do in ATL

Ashley said...

Have you contacted them and let them know of your complaints?