Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Movie Review: Clash of the Titans

I loved the original Clash of the Titans that came out in 1981. It was a great bad movie and I loved the quirks in the characters. I really liked Bebo, the golden owl. When I heard about the remake, I wanted to see it in the theater, but didn't get the chance. Then I heard say that they'd taken the owl out of the movie. What a disappointment. Anyway, I waited until it came to Redbox and watched it over this past weekend. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. Bebo was there, he made a cameo appearance in a very cute way. This movie, though, was not as 'happy' or 'quirky' as the original. It focused more on the darker side of Perseus' personality, though I loved the hunter pair (Ozal/Kucuk). The effects were better done (surprise there) than the original and more 'seamless' in the movie. I have to admit that I'm glad I missed paying $7+ at the theater for it and waited to pay my $1 through redbox. I enjoyed my cheap entertainment.

No comments: