Thursday, July 29, 2010

Florida Museum of Natural History

I found out about this place through the book, "Kids Love I-75", which I picked up at a home school conference. It's located between my home and my parents' so when I found out about it, I thought it'd be cool to stop in either on our way down or on our way home. As it was, it took me a year, but we stopped by on our way home this time.

Entry to the museum itself is free, entry to the butterfly garden is extra. They do charge parking during the week, but on weekends that's free. When we were there, they had another exhibit called "CSI Bugs", which we didn't visit. If you're in the area, it's easy to find and a good stop. We spent a bit over an hour exploring. It's off of what I would call a 'main strip' with food and shopping in the area.

No comments: