Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Movies

My kids and I haven't made it to the theater yet, though it's still on the agenda. We have, though, used a lot of redbox movies. For $1 you can rent a movie overnight, which works well for the on-the-fly movie night. My only disappointment is not as much selection as, say, netflix. There's no longer a blockbuster in my area and I'm not interested in a monthly subscription right now anyway. So, with that, here's a list of some of the movies we have seen.

2012 - so bad it was almost funny
Alvin and the Chipmunks pt. 2 - my daughter watched it and loved it.
Blind Side - I watched this, loved it!
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - kids thought it was cute, no overwhelming response, though.
Ice Age 3 - a cute follow-up to the others
Leap Year - I thought this was a cute movie, not a repeater, though.
Legion - it was ok for an end of the world movie, not a favorite.
Planet 51 - loved it!
Santa Buddies - another of my daughter's picks, she liked it.
Sherlock Holmes - very well done, with just the right amount of insanity for Holmes
Spy Next Door - spoofy Jackie Chan, it was cute
Tooth Fairy - my kids found it hilarious

Here's a few I'll eventually rent.
The Hangover
Megafault
Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure (for my daughter)
GI Joe
Mail Order Bride

No comments: