Friday, March 19, 2010

Wren's Nest

I haven't visited the Wren's Nest (home of Joel Chandler Harris) since I was my son's age. I remember enjoying it, particularly the story teller, so when I heard they were having a free day I decided I had to go. My kids being who they are, decided they would go with me. We had a tour of the home and listened to a story teller recite some of the stories. My kids thoroughly enjoyed the story teller, my son even won a CD from the gentleman. On the way home, they insisted we listen to all the stories on the CD. We were only there for an hour or so, but definitely worth the trip.

Rear view of the house

Wooden carving Harris turned in to a humidor

For those semi-familiar with the story, here's the Tar Baby

Brer Bear Brer Fox & Brer Rabbit

2 comments:

The best person ever!!! said...

hi whats with the funky pictures.
can u please follow me on my blog since u seem to be on daily.
im new so i want to get a lot of followers

Rajnish Kumar said...

Thanks for sharing this friend, I also have similar post like this on my blog which is

www.fillsout.blogspot.com