Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's the Little Steps

I'm still working toward selling the house, but lately it doesn't seem I'm making any progress. I have to keep reminding myself that it's the little steps that will add up to the big result. I'm slowly reorganizing, decluttering and cleaning the house. I'm still VERY baby steps in the FLY program, but it's helping me declutter while I clean. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a good house keeper. I don't like to dust, I'll vacuum/mop when I have to. I avoid the bathrooms.

A friend says my life is too scheduled. I don't think it has enough. If I don't MAKE myself do things, they likely won't happen. I know that as much as I push my family to help, it's a rare occasion that it actually happens. Either they get distracted (kids) or forgetful (hubby), their chores end up being mine again and so I feel I'm falling behind.

Yet, as I look at all the jobs individually that I've done, I know I'm making progress. It's just hard NOT to look at the big picture and see how much still has to be done, rather than looking at the little stuff I already HAVE done.

So, off I go to manage yet another small 'fire' in the house, hopefully to put it out permanently. If I can put the small ones out, the big ones will be easier to tackle.

No comments: