Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Exhaustion that is Six Flags

We finally made it to Six Flags on Wednesday. We arrived at the park 15 minutes after opening and didn't leave until 30 minutes before closing. My daughter adored the Scream Machine (though it may be a toss up with the Mind Bender), my son liked the Ninja. My oldest nephew I think, liked the Goliath the best. My younger nephew seemed to really enjoy the Mind Bender.

I was surprised that the crowds weren't worse than they were. The longest wait I think we had was for the Monster Plantation (approx. 30-45 minutes). Second longest was probably for the Goliath (approx. 30 min.) at the end of the evening. Thunder River had posted a 30 minute wait, I think we only waited 10-15 minutes. The biggest crowd in one place was at Skull Island. I did manage to find a place to sit while the kids played, though.

All in all, a very busy and tiring day. In theory the plan was to try to go to the zoo tomorrow since the chance of rain increases Friday. The only way that would work is to go in the morning. I don't see it happening. I'm not sure what we'll get into (or up to), it's a wait and see.

No comments: