Friday, June 26, 2009

10 millionth guest

So yesterday the Georgia Aquarium had it's 10 millionth guest go through. While exciting and all that, I found what went on just before to be more interesting. A group of soldiers from Ft. Bragg (assuming I heard correctly) heading out to Iraq & Afghanistan later in the day or early in the morning stopped by for a brief visit. Everyone had already gathered in the atrium to welcome the special guest and when we heard they were coming in everyone gave them a standing ovation. I have to say it was definitely one of those moments that I'll remember. I wish them all well, here's a picture I have of them with Bernie Marcus. It's taken with my phone in a rather dark atrium, so I apologize for the quality. I did clean it up some, it's just the camera and the lighting.

No comments: